The Everest Base Camp Trek – one of the most historical, spectacular and inspirational journeys that exist in the world. Considered as one of the most famous locations on the planet, the Everest Base Camp lies in the close proximity to the four of the world’s tallest peaks – Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Cho Oyu. More than just beautiful views of the Himalayan range, the Base Camp is also known for its dynamic cultural exchange and spiritual haven, thanks to the thriving Buddhist presence visible in the countless Buddhist flags that color the area and the diverse international community of mountaineers and mountain aficionados. With colorful prayer flags adorning the campsite and stunning views of the Himalaya mountain range, the atmosphere is both majestic and magical in this sublime natural haven.
This well-known trek begins with a scenic short flight from Kathmandu to the Tenzing – Hillary Airport at Lukla. Upon arrival, group members will begin their expedition to Everest Base Camp by traveling through Sagarmatha National Park, a rugged and breathtaking landscape that showcases the deep rivers and massive glaciers carved into the terrain.
After a steep climb, travelers will be greeted by the friendly faces of the Sherpas in Namche Bazaar, the capital of the Sherpas and a quaint oasis in this stunning landscape. Situated at roughly 3,440 metres, this vibrant community hosts several lodging facilities for trekkers, as well as stores where extra provisions can be purchased. With one day of rest before the climb resumes, visitors are given the opportunity to explore the rich cultural heritage of the Sherpas and the diverse landscape of surrounding areas while giving their bodies the time needed to properly compensate for higher altitudes.
Following this brief period of relaxation and acclimatization, the trek will resume, passing verdant alpine forests, roaring glacial rivers and sacred Buddhist temples en route to the next location of interest, Kala Patthar. From this vantage point, it’s easy to understand why Mt. Everest and Sagarmatha National Park have gained massive international appeal. This is more than just an adventurous trek – it’s truly an unforgettable life experience.
After arriving at Everest Base Camp, group members will have the opportunity to explore their new surroundings and relish their achievements before traveling back to Lukla and embarking upon a return flight to Kathmandu.
The Everest Base Camp trek is highly recommended for those looking to explore new vistas and cultures in one of the world’s most captivating natural settings. This unforgettable trip will leave you with a lifetime of memories.
Day 1 :
Arrive Kathmandu Airport and meet our airport representative then transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Day 2 :
Fly to Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 3 :
Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 4 :
Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Or Hike to Syangboche Everest View hotel to observe close view of Mt. Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku, Lhotse and back to Guest House. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 5 :
Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 6 :
Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 7 :
Day hike to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 8 :
Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse
Day 9 :
Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 10 :
Hike up to Kalapatthar (5555 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Phiriche (4200 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 11 :
Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 12 :
Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 13 :
Morning Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14 :
Leisure day in Kathmandu or this spare day is necessary incase flight cancel from Lukla to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
Day 15 :
Transfer to airport and back to your onward destination.
Package Price: On Request
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport pick up and drop off by private tourist vehicle.
- Round way flight to Lukla from Kathmandu ( fare in USD$ 328 per person)
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotel inclusive of breakfast and government tax
- Guide's Flight fare
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit fee
- Trekkers information Management system (TIMS) card
- Daily meal ( breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Hot Drinks such as Tea, Coffee & Hot Chocolate during the trek
- Twin Sharing Accommodation during your stay in the Mountain
- 1 experience trek guide and his daily wage, food and accommodation
- 1 porter/carrier for the group of 2 persons and his daily wage, food and accommodation
- Trekking equipment supplied from Asian Journey such as down jacket, sleeping bag
- Service charge and value added tax
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Insurance: you must have insurance that coverage personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu ( Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal visa fee, international flights
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, Hot Shower, Dessert, cold drinks, laundry, Internet, phone call
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Any extra expenses such as Camera battery charging cost, hot shower, shopping during the trek,
- Tips for the guide & porters