Have you ever imagined being close to a glacial lake high up in the Himalayas with the snowy peaks glittering in the background? If so, the Gokyo Lake Trek is perfect for you! This trip provides a unique opportunity to experience the magnificence of the Mt. Everest and its surroundings! One of the many spectacular things you will see in this trek is the Ngozumpa Glacier composed exclusively from ice which, with its length of 26 kilometers, is considered to be the largest in the Nepalese Himalayas!
This particular region of the Himalayas is often recognized for its spectacular vistas, featuring magnificent viewing opportunities for some of the most popular mountains in Nepal. Thanks to a relatively high altitude and favorable terrain, travelers will be able to gaze out over vast expanses of picturesque terrain. Trekkers can observe Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu, all of which are clearly visible from Gokyo Ri (5483m), situated directly above Gokyo Lake.
One of the most remarkable features of this particular trek is the view of the magnificent ice ridge situated between Cho Oyu and Gyachung (2922m), located in the Khumbu region. A stunning reminder of the region’s extensive glacial history, this ridge exists in startling contrast to the rocky terrain and snow-capped peaks of Cho Oyu and Gyachung.
This extraordinary journey also provides numerous opportunities for exploration into the untamed geography of the region, allowing trekkers to experience a journey beyond the human imagination.
Day 1 :
Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
Day 2 :
Morning fly to Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 3 :
Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 4 :
Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Or Hike to Syangboche Everest View hotel to observe close view of Mt. Everest, Amadablam, Thamserku, Lhotse and back to Guest House. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 5 :
Trek to Phorste Thanga (3,680m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 6 :
Trek to Machherma (4,470m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 7 :
Trek to Gokyo (4,790m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 8 :
Trek to Gokyo Ri (5,364m) and back to Gokyo - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 9 :
Trek to Dole (4,200m ) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 10 :
Trek to Namche Bazaar via Khumjung village (3,780m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 11 :
Trek to Lukla (2,804m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 12 :
Morning flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
Day 13 :
Transfer to airport and fly back to home.
Thu 18 February, 2016
Wed 9 March, 2016
Fri 18 March, 2016
Sat 26 March, 2016
Tue 5 April, 2016
Fri 15 April, 2016
Fri 22 April, 2016
Thu 28 April, 2016
Tue 10 May, 2016
Wed 18 May, 2016
Sat 4 June, 2016
Wed 14 September, 2016
Sun 25 September, 2016
Wed 5 October, 2016
Wed 12 October, 2016
Sat 22 October, 2016
Tue 25 October, 2016
Tue 8 November, 2016
Wed 16 November, 2016
Sat 26 November, 2016
Mon 5 December, 2016
Thu 15 December, 2016
Package Price: On Request
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport Pick up and drop off by private Tourist vehicle
- Round way flight fare to and from Lukla
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit fee
- Your daily meal ( Breakfast, lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- Drinks such as Tea, coffee & Hot chocolate during the trek
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (Twin sharing accommodation at guesthouse)
- Local Asian Journey's licensed English speaking trekking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Asian Journey (which need to be returned after the trek).
- All our government taxes, vat.
- Official expenses.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Insurance: you must have insurance that coverage personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal visa fee, international flights
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, Hot Shower, Dessert, cold drinks, laundry, Internet, phone call
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Any extra expenses such as Camera battery charging cost, hot shower, shopping during the trek
- Tips for the guide & porters