Tibet Visa Information

Please be noticed that Chinese Visa and Tibet Permit are two things totally different. There are overall four documents required if you want to travel freely in Tibet.

Chinese Visa- you can apply for in Chinese Embassy in your country;

  • TTB (Tibet Entry Permit) – It is issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau and is a must for foreign tourists entering Tibet.
  • PSB (Alien’s Travel Permit) – It is required when you are planning to travel to the remote areas in Tibet, which you can obtain it after you arrive in Tibet;
  • Military Permit – you have to obtain if you are planning to travel to some sensitive military areas.

Travel to Tibet from Nepal
If you entry Tibet from Kathmandu, Nepal, you are required to obtain a Chinese visa in the consulate of P.R China in Kathmandu, the opening time for the Consulate of P.R China in Kathmandu is only available between 10 am to 1pm from Monday to Friday. Please note this visa application is compulsory despite you have already had a Chinese visa in your country or not since this is regulated by the border treaty signed between Nepal and China.

Please contact us for more related to Tibet Visa Information.