The Tsum Valley Trek is indeed one of Nepal’s most hidden treasures. Only recently opened for tourists, this trail is greatly undiscovered and perfect for the lovers of the off-the-beaten-track journeys. Especially for those interested in learning more about the spiritual practices of people in the region, embarking on a journey in the Tsum Valley is definitely the right choice as the Tibetan Buddhist culture is still very prevalent in Tsum. Due to the fact that the Tsum Valley is still rarely visited, the local population has been spared from outside influences and has managed to keep its tradition and culture in the raw form. Moreover, the scenery and landscapes in the Tsum Valley is magnificent, including beautiful forests and countryside. The majestic Ganesh Himal towers above the valley, providing trekkers with the opportunity to gaze upon one of the area’s most significant peaks.
The Tsum Valley Trek begins at low elevation, providing travelers with the opportunity to walk through green countryside on their route through several small Hindu villages. Upon arrival at the Tsum Valley, trekkers will depart from the main trail, entering a beautiful forest with pines and rhododendrons. Heading eastwards, the valley eventually opens, revealing beautiful countryside and quaint, Tibetan-style villages.
Join us on this journey of the raw and unexplored areas of Nepal that will only leave you thirsty for more experiences in this beautiful country!
Day 1 :
Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
Day 2 :
Drive to Arughat (640meters) by bus. 7 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 3 :
Trek to Soti Khola (775meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 4 :
Trek to Machha Khola (900meters) 5.30 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 5 :
Trek to Doban. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 6 :
Trek to Philim. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 7 :
Trek to Chumling (Lower Tsum). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 8 :
Trek to Chhokangparo (Upper Tsum). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 9 :
Trek to Nile/Chhule. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 10 :
Trek to Mu Gompa visit Dhephyudonma Gompa. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 11 :
Extra day for excursion. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 12 :
Trek to Rachen Gompa, visit Gonhgye Gompa (Nyigma-pa Buddhist sect) (5 hrs). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 13 :
Trek to Dumje (6-7 hrs). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 14 :
Trek to Philim (cross Ripchet) (6-7 hrs). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 15 :
Trek to Tatopani (6-7 hrs). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 16 :
Trek to Soti Khola (6-7 hrs). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 17 :
Trek Soti Khola to Arughat Bazar (6-7 hrs). Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 18 :
From Arughat Bazar drive to Kathmandu (8-9 hrs). Overnight at Hotel.
Day 19 :
Transfer to airport and fly back to home.
Wed 2 March, 2016
Tue 15 March, 2016
Tue 5 April, 2016
Fri 15 April, 2016
Mon 25 April, 2016
Mon 2 May, 2016
Mon 5 September, 2016
Tue 20 September, 2016
Sat 1 October, 2016
Mon 10 October, 2016
Tue 18 October, 2016
Tue 25 October, 2016
Fri 4 November, 2016
Thu 17 November, 2016
Sat 10 December, 2016
Package Price:On Request
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport pick up and drop off by private tourist vehicle
- Bus ticket from Kathmandu to Arughat and from Besishahar to Kathmandu
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Manaslu Special Trekking Permit
- Full board meal (veg. / non veg.) prepared by our expert cook.
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Table with chairs, kitchen utensils, Down sleeping bag / Jackets, walking sticks, and other necessary equipments during the trek).
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Twin sharing accommodation on tents during the trek.
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Required porters/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Our service charge & value added tax
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Insurance - coverage your personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal entry visa fee, international flights
- Your personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, internet, phonecall
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Tips for the guide & Porters