The Upper Mustang trek provides travelers with the opportunity to venture into the remote, semi-independent Kingdom of Upper Mustang, located north of Annapurna on the Tibetan boarder on an altitude of roughly 4000 meters. This region is geologically and culturally a part of the Tibetan plateau. Its valleys are arid and dry with colorful rock formations and cliffs. Behind them stand the Himalayan peaks, awe-strikingly beautiful and snow-topped. A part of Mustang’s beauty lies in the fact that this region is visited only by limited number of tourists, which leaves it one of the few places on the planet where one can see undisturbed Tibetan culture. Moreover, Mustang is well known among the people not only as a place with unique landscapes that will take your breath away, but also for its good cuisine and the production of a tasty apple liqueur. For the brave trekkers and the ones keen on experimenting, the tasting of the local butter tea is an unforgettable experience and a chance to near oneself to the lifestyle of the local population. Make your way up the Kali Gandaki river’s banks, witnessing the beauty of its unreal blue waters and desert surroundings to the ancient kingdom of Mustang – a place where culture meets nature and forms an eternal bond.
Day 1 :
Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
Day 2 :
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (850meters), 200km: 6-7 hours. Overnight at Hotel
Day 3 :
Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2720m), 30 minuets and Trek to Kagbeni (2800m)). 2 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 4 :
Trek from Kagbeni (2800m) to Chaile (3030m), 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House
Day 5 :
Trek from Chaile to Geling (3440m,), 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 6 :
Trek from Geling (3440m) to Charang /Tsarang (3490m), 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Guest House
Day 7 :
Trek from Tsarang (3560m) to Lo Manthang (3730m), 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 8 :
Visit Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 9 :
Trek from Lo Manthang to Ghar Gompa (3920 Meters), 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10 :
Trek from Ghar Gompa to Geling (3440m) 5 - 6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House
Day 11 :
Trek from Geling to Chele ( 3030m), 5 hrs.Overnight at Guest House
Day 12 :
Trek from Chele to Jomsom, 6 hrs.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 13 :
Fly back from Jomsom to Pokhara, 30 minutes and transfer to hotel, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 14 :
Take a tourist bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 15 :
Transfer to airport and fly back to home.
Wed 16 March, 2016
Sat 26 March, 2016
Fri 8 April, 2016
Sun 24 April, 2016
Tue 10 May, 2016
Wed 18 May, 2016
Wed 25 May, 2016
Wed 15 June, 2016
Fri 22 July, 2016v
Fri 5 August, 2016
Thu 15 September, 2016
Sun 25 September, 2016
Thu 29 September, 2016
Wed 12 October, 2016
Sat 22 October, 2016
Sat 5 November, 2016
Package Price:On Request
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu
- Round way tourist bus to Pokhara
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Transportation in Pokhara
- Round way flight to and from Jomsom
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit Fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Special Trekking Permit US$ 500 per person for 10 days (the above price includes 10 days valid trekking permit from Kagbeni to Kagbeni. If you would wish to stay more than 10 days in restricted area, you are subjected to extra charge for extra days (US$ 50 per day / per person).
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Daily hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- 1 porter/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Trekking equipment such as down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable after the trek)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing basis
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- Our service charge & value added tax
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Insurance - coverage your personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal entry visa fee, International Flights
- Your personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, internet, phonecall
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Extra expenses such as camera battery charging cost, taking shower, hot water etc
- Tips for the guide & porter